Advertisement

How to buildup my Ojas?

topic posted Tue, May 1, 2007 - 9:43 PM by  Mr.
Share/Save/Bookmark
I asked this on another tribe as well but would like input here as well.

I find that my Ojas is very low alot of the time, how can I build this up? Would just being mindful build up Ojas most effectivly?
posted by:
Mr.
offline Mr.
Canada
Advertisement
  • Re: How to buildup my Ojas?

Tue, May 1, 2007 - 10:28 PM
    To strenghten ojas, first strengthen the agni. Without proper digestion and assimilation, using ojavardhaka substances will produce little benefit. Maintain regular eating habits. Eat freshly cooked food as far as possible. Use triphala on a daily basis first to tonify the digestive process, and then add Ashwaganda ghee, Shatavari, dates, and this drink recipe: soak almonds overnight, remove the skin, and blend in boiled raw milk with raw sugar and powdered cardamom and a little ginger. Drink warm. Imbibe sattva in all areas of your life: don't watch TV, spend time in nature (especially near streams on moonlight nights), and meditate daily.

Tue, May 1, 2007 - 10:52 PM
    thanks, I appreciate it! I have been eating the right foods but very little and the times vary. I guess I would greatly benefit keeping a daily routine.

Thanks again!

Fri, May 25, 2007 - 11:16 AM
      If your diminished Ojas is due to deranged Vata, then adopting a regular daily routine would be a most excellent way to settle Vata and allow Ojas to increase.

Fri, May 25, 2007 - 2:44 PM
        Wonderful advice. So true about a daily routine. Also, avoid dry food; cereal. bread, rice cakes etc. or put oil or ghee on them to fill up the holes. If it is Vata derangement- that means fill up the air and space. Make it full and solid, the opposite of Kappha. Eat moist warming foods. that already means a daily routine of shopping and cooking, and let's not forget washing the dishes! Eat for Rasa ( Taste), sweet, sour and salty. Vata time of day is 2-6 AM/PM so if you are going to cheat and eat crackers-do so outside of this time frame.

Fri, May 25, 2007 - 8:35 PM
          These herbs are good for Ojas: Ahswaganda, Kapi kachu, Shatavari, Safad Musli, Shimula, Vidhari Kanda, Brahmi, Ghee, dates, milk,
          meditation and yoga is great as well, cultivate satva.
          soak pearls in milk and drink it in the light of a full moon.
          Pearls are very Ojasik
          Cook rice with a piece of pure gold in it, than remove the gold and eat the rice.

Sun, May 27, 2007 - 2:21 PM
            As far as working with with stones, gems or minerals. This entirely depends on your dosha. Yes, for pearls and Pitta derangement, once again depending specifically on the problem. Gold? once again? each problem is quite specific. Ojas starts at the most basic level- digestion. And once again- depends on your dosha.

Sun, June 3, 2007 - 8:44 PM
    Retain seminal fluid. Don't waste Virya. You can work towards building Ojas, but since Ojas is formed after reproductive fluids, if you're regularly spending seed, then Ojas won't be able to build.

Fri, June 8, 2007 - 8:22 PM
      stipulating 4 times per month doesn't waste ojas, but since most people have gone far beyond this point in the past, than it is waisted and yes, you are right celibacy is the best cure.

Mon, July 16, 2007 - 12:39 PM
    One thing that really helps me increase my ojas is eating soaked almonds. Get raw almonds (with the brown "skin" still on). Every night before bed, take 10 almonds, put them in a dish, and cover them with water. First thing in the morning, take the almonds out, peel off the brown skin, and eat them. You will find them to be plump, juicy, and more flavorful than dry almonds, and they will increase your energy and stamina naturally. I have known some people who keep jars of almonds in water in their refrigerator all the time, so they don't have to soak them every night, but I don't like to eat them cold because I feel that takes energy from my body to warm them for digestion.

Sat, July 21, 2007 - 5:15 PM
    #1 thing for building up ojas: don't lose a drop of semen.

#2 thing: try to find a way to drink unhomogenized and unpasteurized milk still warm just after being milked from mother cow. (probably not an option if you live in an urban setting.)

ive also heard that the almonds help. i think cashews do too but they are aphrodisiac which can make #1 (above) a little challenging.

cheers.

Sun, August 12, 2007 - 7:37 PM
      many things that are aphrodisiac also increase ojas, like Vidhari, Ashwagandha, shatavari, ghee, milk, almonds, etc.. take them anyway, but always keep the mind absorbed in the supreme entity (whatever your ista devata is) than the shukra/artava will be converted into ojas. Soaking pearls in milk and drinking it in the full moon light is good for ojas.

Recent topics in "Ayurveda Today"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
funny gays Unsubscribed 0 August 21, 2014
Healing Practice Open To All Everywhere : Medicine Buddha K 0 July 19, 2014
Hindu Astrology/ Jyotish, Ayurveda & Ganapati and Vajrapani de... K 0 October 7, 2013
Cannabis davidsjelly 14 September 22, 2013